keskiviikko 11. huhtikuuta 2018

Steeven Tresfield




Morjens taas, 

This time I’m going to be writing in English, just to be fair to the guy I’m interviewing: Steeven Tresfield. 

Steeven is a French import player for the Wasa Royals. 
Although I have only known him for a couple weeks, I can already tell that he is a talented football player and a great teammate, which is why I figured that it would be nice for the readers to get to know him as well.  As a player, he is exceptionally athletic for a linebacker - he can truly play sideline to sideline. I’m looking forward to playing with him this season. 

I worked out with Steeven earlier today. It was actually his second workout of the day, since he did legs in the morning. As you can see in the videos, the dude is pretty strong. He did bench press and clap push-up super sets. The weight in his bench press video is 150 kg - good reps with zero arch, like a true bro. Meanwhile, I was ego pressing 50 kg dumbbells with my back looking like the Replot bridge. 

Here’s what Steeven has to say about himself, football, Vaasa and the Royals. 

1. How has your off-season been?  
- My off season was actually good. I work as a personal trainer in Paris, and I could find the time between my classes and coaching with 5 or 6 workouts per week, about 1 hour each. 

2. Have you placed a specific emphasis on certain areas of your craft? 
- I worked a lot on power movement in order to be better on the field. I used a lot of compound sets, combining speed & strength and tried to transfer the gains to the field with football specific exercises. 

3. Why do you play football? 
- As a young kid, I tried many different sports, such as soccer, basketball and karate. However, football was the one I found myself to be the most passionate about. I was always attracted to this sport with the mix of contact and tactics. I fell in love with the sport the first time I put my helmet and shoulder pads on.

4. What are your strengths as a football player? 
- I´m fast for my size and I’m strong. 

5. Any weaknesses? 
- I need to work on my mobility to be efficient on the field and promote prophylaxis. 

6. What is your favorite lifting exercise? 
- I love power cleans. 

7. How have you liked Vaasa so far?
- Vaasa is a small city, but people are nice! I was told that this is the most beautiful city in Finland during the summer.

8. Please give the readers three reasons for why the Wasa Royals are winning a championship this year.
- We got athletes
- My teammates are motivated and dedicated  
- “If it is to be, it’s up to me » like coach T said (Coach Tolliver, DC for the Royals)

Pick one:

Beef or chicken? Chicken
Tuna or salmon?  Salmon
Squats or bench? Squat
Small arms or small legs? Small arms
Dom Pérignon or protein shakes? Dom Pérignon ahahah
Big hits or interceptions? Big hits
Ibrahimovic or Neymar? Ibrahimovic
Video games or romantic movies? Romantic movies
City or countryside? City
Dancing or running?  Dancing

Anything you want to tell the fans? 
Come to support us! (translate this to Finnish)

I’ll help Steeven out: Nähdään peleissä! 

Terveisin,
Walter

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti